Friday 10 July 2015

His demons- my Art: layers with Irit


 Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to Tando layers week.
This time it's all about getting the inspiration and making art from this inspiration.
And this  is the story of this art piece.
Here and there I am asked about the places where I get my art inspiration. Sometimes it's just from photos (when I scarp); sometimes it's from the nature, seasons and things around us; sometimes it's just a song title or a song  line ; and sometimes the whole piece is born from the TV show or a movie.
This  arches over  the arch altered Mixed Media piece was born from the TV show.
 Lately I am addicted to historic  serials and one of those is Da Vinci's Demons show of already two seasons. Our TV providers changed the name to Da Vinci's Secrets, but the original name is  a real thing. This outstanding artist was obsessed with his own demons and also this show is  somewhere between history and fantasy, it's still all about the artist  searching for  his way in the chaotic 16- th century world.
So with Rubber Dance Da Vinci stamp set it was just so natural to make the art piece about Da Vinci's demons connected to my own art. And Tando chipboard pieces were the perfect for making this art piece.
According to the artist's life time arches were the best kind of a " canvas" to arrange his work over.
So I used 3 of Tando Creative chipboard arches one over another to make this 3 layers arrangement.
All stamping was made over white tissue paper and glued with gel medium.
The chipboard was painted in red colour  (he was bleeding over and over in this movie, really and inside his soul.) I  used crackle medium over the red paint and then painted with dirty white paint to get this aged look.
For this artist being an engineer it was obvious that I need to use metal gears and metal parts over my art piece.



My title was made in two parts. The upper one (His demons) was made with paper stickers  used as a mask and black ink added over the stickers, that were peeled later.
The " My art" part of title was made with two chipboard  Tando letters(inked with black pigmented ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder)  and stamped ART word. (As the final touches I added another small  Tando arch chipboard  with a metal clock over it  (again painted with black ink and heat embossed with a clear powder)and some teal mist drops around for the interest. Tando  music notes chipboard on the bottom was added as my tribute to the music of his soul.


Those are Tando products used to make this art piece:

4 Arch Set


Arches - Straight edged large

Triple Arch Layered Frame


Alphas Sheet style Block Serif

Tando Mini's Music
I really hope you like my artistic Mixed Media piece and you now understand where we, the artists, get some of our inspiration.





4 comments:

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi I really love the arches it feels very gothic and the background on Da Vinci is just perfect. x

Gez Butterworth said...

STUNNING ♥

Karen said...

An absolutely incredible piece of work Irit! x

Dawn said...

Superb make my lovely, beautifully done. xxx