Thursday 20 October 2016

Anything Goes - Honey Bee Arch


Hi friends! Dana here today sharing an arch I created for the Anything Goes theme this week. I created a honey comb from the Gothic Arch Layered Frame and a piece of Round Grid. I covered the back panel and four frames of the Gothic Arch and a piece of Round Grid first with DecoArt White Gesso and then with a coat of DecoArt Primary Yellow Fluid Acrylic Paint. Once dry, I distressed the pieces with DecoArt English Red Oxide Antiquing Cream.


Next, I added some stamping, embossing and some acrylic paint highlights in blue. I then glued the frame together and wrapped the edge with floral fabric tape.


I added some Tom Petty song lyrics with Dymo tape, some teal star sequins and a real bee that my friend found in her yard. (I hope I'm not the only person who loves to be gifted with insects to use on my art projects!) I finished this piece by filling in the frame with resin.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

No comments: