Tuesday 11 October 2016

Natalie Kalbach Elephant

Hello!  I have chosen to work with a Natalie Kalbach stamp today, the wonderful ELEPHANT!!!  This stamp is amazing value as there are two stamps in the pack as well as a lovely 5x7 stencil to play with!  Each elephant is different though the same size and shape.  These stamps are big at nearly 7inches long.  With this in mind I thought I would stamp onto fabric for my project!


For the main body I chose some bright cotton fabric and stamped onto the reverse so that I had some soft shading.  Then I stamped again onto the bright side for the 'blanket' and cut that section out.  I decorated that with beads and bobbly braid.  Another whole elephant was cut out and I stitched them together leaving a gap for stuffing, adding a ribbon to hang by and a tail as well as incorporating the 'blanket' into the seam.  Then I added some more braid and a button & bead for the eye.


Thank you for popping over, take care, Karen x

2 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love this- what a wonderful project!!!- nat

Mary Holshouser said...

Collect elephants - this one would look
great with all of the others.
Hadn't thought about using the stamps
and stencils to make fabric animals.
thanks for the idea.
Love your elephant.