Friday 9 December 2016

Color Theme - Winter Door Hanger


Hi! Dana here today sharing the door hanger that I altered for the Color Theme this week. The cool blues and greys in the beautiful color palette below, have me thinking about snow and ice.


I altered a Door Hanger, Leaf Branch, and Star Button for this piece with layers of acrylic paint, crackle glaze, and shimmery mist.


I had a lot of fun incorporating texture on this piece. I added burlap, cotton ribbon, paper flowers, and pearl sprigs and sprays to this large embellishment cluster at the top of the hanger.


I added more of the same frosty chipboard, flowers, and pearls to the bottom of the tag, along with a strip of blue lace for a pop of color.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

No comments: