Monday 9 January 2017

Tags challenge by Dee

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all!! I hope you all had a great Christmas. 
I was lucky enough to have some time over the break to be able to do a bit 
of crafty surfing on the internet. I visited France Papillon's site 
where I got the inspiration for this tag.
I used modeling paste through Neil walker mask and then the distressed
sequin mini stencil on a Tando mixed media tag. Black Gesso
 was used over the entire tag and knocked back before it
dried. I then introduced white gesso until I was
happy with the results.
Next was the colour which was Lyndy's stamp gang magicals used with 
crackle glaze and water a slight bit of gesso. This was applied 
to the tag followed by spattering of white Gesso. The same technique
was applied to the smaller tag.
I stamped the fish onto the smaller tag and onto matt paper which I then 
coloured in using zig clean coloured pens this was finished with a
 coat of wax. I stamped a stampendous script to opposite corners
and onto craft card.
I attached cogs to the right hand corner and attached all the metal 
embellishments.

I hope you have all enjoyed my post
 and I hope you will all let me know what you think
Cheers Dee x

Products Used

  1. Tando products used:- Neil Walker Mask - Tangled YarnMini Mask - Distressed Sequins, tags you can email Di for the sizes you want.
  2. Deco Art:- Media: Black Gesso Media, White GessoMedia: Clear Crackle GlazeMedia: White Modelling Paste.
  3. The rest stamps etc were from my stash.


2 comments:

craftytrog said...

Looks great Dee!

Redanne said...

Oh wow Dee, this is just amazing!! I love the background you created and that fish is incredible, it looks like a real fossil! I love this!! Anne x