Friday 17 March 2017

Anything Goes - St. Patrick's Day Mini Printers Tray


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Dana here with you sharing the Mini Printers Tray I altered for the Anything Goes theme this week. This set comes with two more trays and a cover. I used just one tray and the base for this project.

I painted the tray with DecoArt Crafter's Acrylic Paint, first with Holiday Green, and then with Light Antique White. Between coats of acrylic paint, I spread on a layer of crackle effect to produce a weathered finish.


I filled the tray with cotton backed muslin that I dyed with bleeding art tissue paper for added dimension. The tissue paper was a fun way to color fabric. I love the shades of greens, blues, and yellows that spread with just a spritz of water!


I filled the tray with lace, a bottle cap embellishment, a bright orange paper flower with hand-stitched stem and leaves, plastic letters to spell "lucky" that I colored with a gold paint pen, and a stamped number 17.


I finished the edge of this tray with Stampendous Spoonful of Gold Dust.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

No comments: