Wednesday 1 March 2017

Color Theme - Bird Joy Mixed Media Board


Hi! Dana here today sharing a mixed media board for the Color theme this week. I had a lot of fun with the Nathalie Kalbach Fashion Dame Stamp Set, the Nathalie Kalbach Bird Stamp Set, the DecoArt Media Line, and Stampendous Spoonful of Silver.

I started this piece by coloring the edge of a Mixed Media Board with a black paint pen and the top of the board with a layer of DecoArt White Gesso. I painted solid areas of color using DecoArt paint. Once the paint was dry, I stamped the foam bird image onto the board using black pigment ink.



To brighten the design I added splatters of DecoArt Primay Yellow Acrylic Paint and some doodles with a white marker. To dress up the background I used the trouser stamp from the Fashion Dame Stamp Set with blue pigment ink to add a lined design around the bird. I then sprinkled on Spoonful of Silver over the ink and applied heat to set. I highlighted the small ovals on the wing and the eye of the bird with DecoArt Liquid Glass. I finished this board with a Dymo tape quote from the new Big Wreck song "You Don't Even Know."


If this piece looks familiar, I lifted the design from another mixed media board I created, which you can find HERE.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt and Stampendous products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

No comments: