Wednesday 26 April 2017

Spring Flowers - Masked Mixed Media Board

Grow Floral Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! Dana here today sharing the Mixed Media Board I created for the Spring Flowers theme this week. I had a lot of fun with masks, Distress Ink, and a favorite quote for this piece.

Layering Masks and Ink on Chipboard by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

I started this project by priming a Mixed Media Board with DecoArt White Gesso. Once the Gesso was dry, I sponged the entire board with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. Next, I applied various colors of Distress Ink over masks, applying heat after each color to set the ink.

I used the Leaves Masks Set of 2 to add green leaves to opposite corners of the board and flowers down the center. I dabbed Festive Berries Distress Ink over the flower mask and then traced around the edge of the mask with a black marker to accent the flower pattern.

I also used the Poppy Mask with orange and purple Distress Inks to add larger blooms to the top and bottom of the board.

Lastly, I used the Trees and Leaves 3 Part Mask with blue, purple, and pink Distress Ink to add the colorful small circles and ovals to the board.

Layered Distress Ink Spring Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

I added a quote with black marker to the bottom third of the board. I finished this piece with a seam binding ribbon bow.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, as well as a lovely selection of masks and stencils, in the Tando Creative Retail Store. There are several different sizes of mixed media board available, including acrylic, which is my new favorite. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

No comments: