Sunday 9 April 2017

Embossing Crystals with Lisa

Hello folks, Lisa here and welcome to today'Tando post. This weeks theme is embossing crystals. 
I love playing with embossing powders, especially ultra thick embossing enamel and adding lots of colours together. Even clear embossing powder is fabulous to play with as gilding flakes and other weird objects can be trapped inside.



Here is my creation...



For this weeks challenge I used the Tando 80mm x 16mm mixed media boards. 

First I applied a thick layer of DecoArt white modelling paste over a blank mixed media board. When it was dry I used DecoArt Media Misters in turquoise shimmer, white shimmer, yellow green and purple to colour the background. 




I then used embossing ink to cover the entire board and heat embossed clear UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) over the top. I applied a couple of layers of UTEE to create a really thick layer.

I then used green gold embossing powder over the centre of the board and melted it slowly. 






I then inked the seahorse stamp with black ink whilst keeping the powder in the centre of the board molten. I then quickly applied the stamp to the molten powder and left the stamp in place until the powder had cooled. 




To finish, I punched a hole in the top corner of the board, added an eyelet and threaded some blue satin ribbon and some white organza ribbon through.




Thanks for popping by the Tando blog today.
If you would like to pop over to my blog, the link is here and I hope to see you there.
Lisa xxx


Here is everything I used... they are all available on the Tando Website.

Mixed Media Boards 80mm x 116mm    Media: White Modelling Paste  Media Mister: Turquoise Shimmer   Media Mister: White Shimmer   Media Mister: Yellow Green   Media Mister: Purple