Wednesday 24 May 2017

Steampunk Industrial Elements Door

Grungy Blue Door #5 by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! Dana here today sharing the grungy door I put together using parts from the Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Set for the Steampunk theme this week. This set features a fantastic selection of chipboard cogs, washers, door plate sets, bookplates, bolt heads, and screw heads.

I started this piece by painting the door plate with blue acrylic paint. I then glued on several raw chipboard bolts, cogs, and screw heads. Once the glue was dry, I painted the raw chipboard pieces, letting the stray brush strokes distress the piece while I worked. I feel like this techniques yields a more natural aged look.

Next, I added a rub-on door number, a metal cog, a rusty metal washer, and a distressed metal key that I tied to the door with a piece of metallic string. I finished this door with a coat of Rock Candy Distress Stickles for texture.

I've created two other doors previously. Follow the links below to read more about each door.

Grungy Yellow Door #3 by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Grungy Door #27 by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative



You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of Andy Skinner products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

No comments: