Friday 2 June 2017

Color Theme - Butterfly Mixed Media Board

Butterfly Joy Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! Dana here today sharing the Mixed Media Board I altered for the color theme this week. I had a lot of fun playing with texture and this bright color palette! I started this piece by applying a base coat of teal paint to a Mixed Media Board. Once dry, I used a small sponge applicator to add dots of green acrylic paint in a random fashion to the board. Next, I applied a strip of felt tape to the board.

Layered Butterfly Embellishment by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative


I colored two butterflies with ink and glued them together. I then added two buttons to the center of the layered butterfly. I further embellished the butterfly wings with dimensional paint. I added a puffy butterfly sticker, a sentiment sticker, and more dimensional paint dots to the board to finish this piece.


You can find the chipboard I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

No comments: