Sunday 22 October 2017

Anything Goes with Lisa

Hi folks, Lisa here and welcome to my blog post for today. It's an 'anything goes' week at Tando this week. 
So, I chose to play with the Tando Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Journal. Everyone loves a journal, but creating your own cover makes it even more personal and I had so much fun with this project.


Here is my creation...




Firstly, I chose lots of different fabrics and ribbons with lots of texture such as lace and hessian. I adhered these bits to the front cover of the journal, layering and overlaying different pieces to create lots of texture. And because there was so many layers to stick, I adhered them with matte heavy gel medium rather than a standard glue. 



I then raided my trinket box - which is masssiivvvveee!! It is full of metal embellishments, fabric and paper flowers, buttons, broken jewellery bits, cameos... along with bits and pieces of allsorts and everything. So, I had a good rummage and pulled out a few items.





I then arranged, re-arranged and re-arranged the trinket finds on to the journal cover. Again, using the matte heavy gel medium I adhere the embellishments on to the cover.  








When all the embellishments were fixed in to place, I covered the entire journal front with DecoArt black Gesso and left to dry. 


Then came the fun bit... I pulled out a selection of colours of DecoArt Media Acrylic paints. I used Blue Green Light,Cobalt Teal Hue, Colbalt Turquoise Hue, Primary Cyan, Yellow Green Light along with white and black DecoArt Gesso






After splashing a bit of paint about until I was happy, I let everything dry. Then I applied a couple of coats of DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish to make sure everything looked ultra matte and to add a bit of protection to the cover. 





I hope you have enjoyed looking at my latest creation. If you would like to leave a comment please do so, I love to hear what you think. 
If you would like to pop over to my blog the link is here...
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 



Here is everything I used, which is all available from the Tando website

Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Journal      Media: White Gesso   Media: Black Gesso   Media: Ultra Matte   Fluid Acrylics: Blue Green Light   Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Teal   Fluid Acrylics: Cobalt Turquoise   Fluid Acrylics: Primary Cyan   Fluid Acrylics: Yellow Green Light

No comments: