Tuesday 31 October 2017

November Colour Theme by Nikki K


Image may contain: flower


Morning everyone,

It's my turn for November's Colour pallette today, the lovely cool tones chosen for November.

I started with a Tando MDF Mixed Media board, I love playing with these as they are a nice size to work with if you don't like daunting projects!  You can  also drill holes in these and make them into tiny wall hangings.


I mixed up a lilac roughly from Dioxazine Purple and Titanium White, leaving a little unmixed to give the media board some different shades.  I then made the paint a shade lighter, and stamped circles and crackle all over, and edged the board with my finger and more paint to make a rough edge.


I took a Tando Mini Heart, and painted it in Quinacridone Magenta.  Over the top I lightly brushed the lighter lilac, giving a washed effect.  This was stamped with a Steampunk stamp with Paynes Grey, and the Tando cog and numbers from my stash painted in a lighter mix.  I stamped the corners with a barbed wire stamp.


Lilac isn't usually my colour, but it just shows you can still grunge it up!  I drilled two holes, added some wire and curled it, and of course, added a couple of little purple skull beads.

I hope you enjoy our week of Colour!

Best Wishes,

Nikki K.
xxx


No comments: