Thursday 12 July 2018

A Trio of Dominoes


Hi Everyone Dee here with her domino piece for you all. I couldn't find my dominoes when I went to make the piece so had to improvise with these mini media boards that are the same size as the dominoes. I really love these, I used Tim Holtz stamp set - Inventor 1.


I started with painting all 3 dominoes with Deco art chalk finish paint in Timeless. Once dried I stamped them with Tim's inventor stamp using potting soil archival ink.
.

Using a sponge I applied Deco Art chalk finish paint Heritage & Media fluid acrylic paint phthalo Turqoise to area's of each domino mainly round the edges so that the image was still visible.


The clock hand & clock face were given a coat of texture sand paste once dry were painted with a mix of raw umber and carbon black followed by quinacridone gold. The smaller cogs were made from a mixture of clay moulds. 


Little gems were placed on each domino to complete the trio.


Thank you for for taking time to read my post all comments or questions welcome.
Cheers Dee X

PRODUCTS USED 

1 comment:

Gina said...

Stunning pieces! Love the raw umber and black for rusting too :D XXX