Friday 20 July 2018

Anything Goes Week - Layered Mini Book by Hannah Oxberry

Hi all, Hannah here! For "Anything Goes" Week I wanted to share a mini book project created for a Make & Take workshop at June's Ministry of Mixology.


I adore these mini books from Tando, they are perfect for quick makes, allowing you to explore a range of techniques to create something truly unique.


As with most of my projects; layers are key. Here I have used chalky finish paints for the initial base layers, rubbing back areas to expose the colours underneath, Decoupage papers add another dimension while crackles and washes add a grungy element.


The back cover is decorated in the same way as the front, embellishments like the faux pearls add a highlight to the cover while the gold along the edges frames the piece.


I have included my initials as a design element along with a textured heart highlighted in gold. To finish I have tied the book with jute string.

I hope you have enjoyed this project, until next time!




List of products used;

Mini Book
Mini Hearts




No comments: