Saturday 14 July 2018

Dominoes week- Domino box by Monika Maksym

Hi, I hope you are well. 
 It's "Dominoes" theme week and I wanted to share with you my latest inspiration.



 For my project I've decided to decorate 15x 15x 7cm wooden box. 




 To start with I've placed my domino tiles and cut them to size. I've glued them on using Decoart Heavy gel medium, and painted the whole box with Decoart chalky paint in Carbon. I've rubbed on a wax candle to create a resist around the edges of the box and each tile, before adding another layer of Chalky finish paint- this time I went for Serene, which is a light blue shade. I was extra careful while painitg the tiles, as I didn't want to cover all of the gaps between dominoes. 




When paint was fully dry, I've distressed the edges with sanding paper.




 Next step was to add some Decoart Modeling Paste through Tando stencil, stamping, decoupage paper and embellishments. I have also used Decoart antiquing cream in Patina Green  in some areas and darkened the edges with Raw Umber Media Fluid. To finish it off I've used Ultra Matt varnish by Decoart and added a little pull.



 I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration.
See you next time
Monika
x


products used: 


No comments: