Friday 17 August 2018

Anything Goes Week- I Dare You Mixed Media Board. - Fiona Randall

 
Morning all Fiona here today to share with you a Mixed Media Board with some cut and paste collage added using DecoArt Chalky Finish Paints and Crackle Medium.
 
 
I started by applying a base layer of  Carbon Black Chalk Paint to the media board and dried with a heat tool. Next step was to apply DecoArt Crackle medium for Chalk paint ( you can gently dry this with a heat tool) Once dry I applied  Chalky finish in Vintage in a quick even layer not overworking it and the crackle happens instantly. Once dry I gave the media board a wash of Burnt Umber Media Fluid Acrylic to give it a grungy feel  then set it aside to dry. I then sized and printed out my collage Image to fit the media board from Tumblefish Studios ( now retired) and fussy cut  and applied to the now dry media board base with matte medium. Black watercolour pencil was applied around the collaged image  and smudged to define the edges. Stamping using Black Archival Ink was then added using Andy Skinner's Unexplained Rubber Stamp Set  and the edges stamped with Andy Skinner's  Industrial Rubber Stamp Set. The whole media board was then given a coat of DecoArt Ultra Matte Varnish to seal and finish.
Thank You for taking the time to stop by hugs Fiona xx
 
 
PRODUCTS USED.
 
 


 
 
 



 

 
 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Candy C said...

I love this!!! Everything about it is absolutely darling. Love the child thumbing his nose at everyone! I feel like that some days! Love your sense of humor!