Sunday 19 August 2018

Anything goes week- Media Board by Monika Maksym

hi!
I hope you are well :) 
It's "everything goes week" and I wanted to share my project with you. These techniques can be used with different substrates or colours.


 


To start with I have primed my mdf media board with gesso, then applied generous amount of texture sand paste randomly and left it overnight to dry. I did the same with heart shape, but used stencil and modeling paste instead. 



 Next, I have painted both with Decoart black acrylic paint. I've highlighted textures on the heart with metallic lustre wax in silver.



 Cog was painted with metallic silver paint and black paint mixed with a little bit of send paste for added texture. On the main board I've added media fluid arcrylic paints in Quinacridone Gold and Pyrole Red from the top of the board, added a little bit of water and let it run down.


 Little word piece was painted with silver metallic paint and stamped with black archival ink. Once all of my elements were dry I've attached them to the base using heavy gel medium and secured with some rusty wire and added washes of Quinacridone Gold around the rust and word plate.
.


I hope you've enjoyed my post.
See you next time
Monika
x


products used:



3 comments:

Scrappinstain said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Love the texture and colors😍

Monika Maksym said...

thank You :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love it xXx