Monday 13 August 2018

Sea life is good - an acrylic pour and faux encaustic tag - Brenda

Welcome everyone

I have used one of the 'long tags' today and on it I did my first acrylic pour - woo hoo. Take a look at how I started off and then brought it together with some Andy Skinner and France Papillon stamps.


I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics .......


..... and mixed them with the DecoArt Pouring Medium. I had watched Andy demonstrate these at Stitches back in February and recently on Hochanda and there are lots more informative videos on YouTube - I have put some links on my blog.


This was the result - not bad eh? You can see why I went for the 'sea' theme, the colours are perfect.


I stamped and masked on the bottom of the tag ......


... to create this design and then mixed some media acrylics with a little tinting base and carefully dabbed some onto the fossil shells.


I found a painty piece of card, stamped the octopus and highlighted it with a white paint pen and then gave it a dirty wash of paynes grey media acrylic.


I inked the edges of the octopus with ground espresso distress ink and gave the tag a layer of clear modeling paste using a palette knife. I encapsulated the octopus and added some small glass cabochons.


 I finished by carving the word sea using a pencil and went over it with black posca pen and also added some remnant rubs, a painted vintage brad and some bakers twine.


I'm really pleased with the look and although I debated with myself to add another coat of clear modeling paste I decided against it.

If you pop over to my blog, you'll see a couple of extra photos and also a giveaway of some stamps - take a guess at which ones?????

Thanks for stopping by.

hugs Brenda xxx



No comments: