Friday 22 February 2019

Technique Binder - by Hannah Oxberry

Beginning next week the Tando Team are hosting 24 weeks of Play Day Inspirations, I am so excited to be involved and kicking things off  with a Facebook Live on Thursday 28th February at 19.00 GMT over on the Tando Creative Zone - I hope you can join me!

Here's a closer look at the tag Binder I have created ready for my inspiration tags.


Rather than conceal the greyboard, I decided to make it a feature. I have brayered over the binder in layers of grey chalky finish paints to build a textured effect. I also added a brayered layer of white as a contrast. More texture was added by way of crackle paste, applied roughly with a palette knife.


I chose to used the wording "techniques" down one side of the binder, the letters have been painted black and crackled with glaze. And I have finished the binder with circle stamps in jet blank ink.


The inside of the binder I kept simple, painted in a satin black. I have begun painting my tags with my favourite techniques and can use this as the perfect reference tool.

I hope you have enjoyed the project and I look forward to seeing you for the Play Day Inspirtions soon!


List of products used;




DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish Relic


DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish Primitive
DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish Everlasting
DecoArt Media Crackle Paste 
DecoArt Premium Acrylics Carbon Black


Other supplies: Brayer, Flat Wide Brush, Palette Knife, Staz-On Jet Black, Visible Image Stamp Set "You Are Not Alone, Glue

4 comments:

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Lovin this Hannah xx

Karin said...

Your folder looks great, Hannah.
I'm so looking forward to the start of the technique tags.

CrackedcupAnnie said...

Great idea Hannah.......

Caroline said...

Lushness inside and out. You are so darn good, Hannah!!��