Thursday 21 February 2019

Techniques Journal - By Jane Royston

Hello!

I am really excited to be a part of this project with Tando Creative and the rest of the design team bringing 24 weeks of technique and journaling tags to you all.

To get it started the design team have been sharing their binders and here is the techniques journal that I decorated...


I started by creating the background using a brayer to add layers of acrylic paint.  Detail was added using background stamps with archival ink and then gold paint through the long rings stencil.  I did the same on the inside as well...


To create my title for the journal I decided to use both the inside and outside pieces of the words.  They were painted with black gesso then highlighted with gold gilding wax...


I wanted to add some decoration that matched the idea of it being a journal about techniques, so stamped and cut out the paintbrushes and pencil from the Tim Holtz Crazy Things set, which I then coloured and added to the bottom of the journal...


Here are the items used:

* Tando Creative Binder and Tags
* Tando Creative Long Rings Stencil
* Decoart Mediums
* Decoart Fluid Acrylics

The 24 weeks will be getting underway next week from Thursday 28th Feb at 7pm and will be a mix of Facebook lives, videos and photo tutorials, I hope you will be joining in!

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments: