Friday 19 July 2019

Anything Goes - Alcohol Ink Tag by Jane

Hello!

It is 'Anything Goes' week on the Tando Creative blog so I thought I would have a go at something a bit different.  I am really loving my alcohol inks at the moment and wanted to use them on one of the greyboard technique tags but as they would not work on the board surface I decided to cover my tag using YUPO paper which is a special synthetic paper that works with the inks as it is non porous...


I started by drawing around the tag onto the YUPO paper and then cut it out.  I used Decoart Decoupage Matt to stick it to the tag.  Using a selection of pink, yellow and orange alcohol inks I applied the ink and blew it around until I was happy with the look, then added gold foil which adhered to the tacky areas...


The tag was left to dry overnight and then I used alcohol lift ink from the re inker bottle onto a foam blending tool and placed it through the distressed diamond mini stencil.  I then dabbed off the residue before burnishing the areas to lift the ink...


Next I used some red archival ink with a script stamp...


As the background was quite bright I wanted the focal points to have more of a silhouette look, so I chose a butterfly from the Tando butterfly grab bag as well as two Tando flowers with stems.

These were painted with black gesso then I added a couple of layers of black embossing powder which I stamped into with the same script stamp from earlier.  To help the texture stand out I rubbed on a little bit of gold gilding wax...


These were then adhered to the tag using glue and foam pads for extra dimension and a Tim Holtz sticker added as a finishing touch...
 
 


Here are the products that I used:

* Tando Creative Technique Binder and Tags
* Tando Creative Flowers with Stems Grab Bag
* Tando Creative Butterfly Grab Bag
* Tando Creative Mini Stencil - Distressed Diamond
* Decoart Mediums - Black Gesso
* Decoart - Decoupage Matt

Thank you for looking and do check out what the other design team members have been making this week.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments: