Tuesday 2 July 2019

July's Colour Theme with Whimsical Birds by Fiona Randall

 
This week is colour theme week and I challenged myself once again to come out of my comfort zone and take part. Here is the colour palette for July
 
.
 
 I've used Tando's Whimisical Birds 2, a size 9 Tag and some of Tando's Grey Board sheets for my project.
 


 
I used DecoArt Americana Acrylic paints to create a masterboard with some stamping to attach to the birds body. The Tag was given a coat of DecoArt Media Tinting base and then the colours added with a brayer. The base board was then painted using a mix of the colours to get the shade I wanted and when dry doodling added with black and white posca paint pens. All other pieces of the bird kit were then painted and assembled onto the tag. I typed out my sentiment strips on my vintage typewriter added to the tag and edged and smudged with a stabilo all pencil. The tag was then attached to the doodled base to finish.
 
Here's a close up of the detail.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today
Fiona xx
 
Products used.
 
Tando Creative
 
Whimsical Birds 2
Size 9 Tag
Grey Board Sheets.
 
DecoArt.
 
Media Tinting Base.
Americana Acrylic paint in
Marigold,Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Orange and Coral Shell
 
Miscellaneous
 
Versafine Black Ink
 
Chocolate Baroque stamps- Texture Fragments
 
Paper Artsy Stamps- Kay Karley EKC26
 
 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastically quirky, love it

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Thank you 😊