Monday 7 March 2011

Plant kindness....gather love.

I thought this little saying was cute and it inspired me to make this altered chipboard piece with one of the bare sheets of chipboard available from Tando.  The chipboard stands up to a lot of battering and is an ideal base for the crackled paint effect using pva glue and acrylic paints.


I applied the glue and paint quite  thickly and got a fab result with some really deep indents which I love.


Adding some flowers and watering can seemed in keeping with the saying and I did intend to make a hanger with my piece but I have decided to use it as a cover for an altered book containing some favourite quotes now... so that I can keep out on display because I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Thanks  for looking
hugs
Chris xx

4 comments:

Karen said...

Fabulous Chris!!! xxx

Angela said...

That's Gorgeous!!!

Traceyr said...

Gab stuff there :)

Di said...

This is stunning Chris, I love the texture you've achieved.