Tuesday 26 March 2013

Changeling - Heart Decoration


Hello everyone, this weeks theme is to use a product in a different way to the way it was intended.  I used some of the segments of the lovely heart bowl to make a wall hanging for my mother-in-law.

I covered the chipboard hearts in gesso, then a layer of crackle paint and then some distress ink over the top to emphasise the cracks.  I backed each of the hearts with patterned paper and then went about decorating with washi tape, sequins, stickers and chevrons.  I also used some of the Tando bunting with  the harlequin mask on this and rubbed chalk ink through it to give the diamond pattern, I then cut this in half and added it to the top and bottom frames.  The last step was to attach ribbon to tie them all together and add a loop at the top.  It's a really fun project and gift for someone.

If you want to check out the winner from the blog hop please see the post below.






Katherine



1 comment:

Kaz said...

Oh that's just beautiful xx