Wednesday 28 August 2013

LAST POST FROM OUR AUGUST GDT - CAROL FOX

Today sees the last post from Carol Fox who has been our very first GDT - we would like to Thank Carol for joining us this month and for creating some stunning pieces.... to finish off her stint here she has created this gorgeous post:-


Button Up Bracelet



This week is Button Week and I have made a bracelet using a couple of Grab bags of Buttons.



This is what I did

·       I used the dotted star mask and applied grunge paste through the mask to both sides of my button pieces. I used the smaller buttons from two grab bags as these were a nice size to join with jump rings.
·       When the Grunge paste was dry I painted both sides with cream paint.
·       When this was dry I used various colours of treasure gold to colour and give my buttons a metallic finish.
·       I now joined them together with jump rings, adding a clasp and a small bead to the ends, so if the bracelet was adjusted for the length when being worn, it would have a dangly end and look more finished, you can see this in the following photo.



This is my last project this month as a guest on the Tando blog and I would like to thank Di, Carol and the rest of the Tando team to making me feel so welcome. I have really enjoyed my stay here.  Carol Xx


Wow what a fab use of those grab bags - Thank You for joining us this month Carol xx


As its Wednesday there is a new post at the Tando Challenge blog - do come along and join us, there is still time to take part this month.


6 comments:

Kaz said...

Yet another gorgeous project from you Carol. You've made such beautiful things this month. Thank you xx

Dana Tatar said...

Fabulous piece Carol! I love the texture and finish you added to the buttons. Thanks for all the inspiration this month!

Cocofolies said...

Thank you Carol for this last fab project again, I really love how you used the dotted mask combined to grunge paste and various Treasure Gold to give such fabulous look to your Tando's buttons bracelet ! Hope to see you here again as guest DT one day, your works are so inspirful !! x

roc said...

this is so adorable. great piece of jewelry!

Karen said...

This is fantastic CArol, thank you for joining us and I hope that we see you again soon x

Ginger said...

Thank you Ladies. x