Saturday 25 January 2014

Free for All - Wall art


A little while I go I made a noticeboard (you can see it here) and I didn't use the chipboard squares with the days of the week on….so I decided to make some wall art out of them.

I started by layering them with, then some papers and added ink drips and spritzed with mist, as well as some stamping.  Then a little more gesso and inking, the chipboard can take lots of layers, finally embellishing them with words, punched shapes, buttons and gauze.  I also used a few more tango pieces - including a key which I embossed with silver and a house that I covered in gesso, then ink and then just sprinkled a little bit of embossing powder over the top giving it a patchy effect.




For my last one I used gesso and then gelatos - using them like pastels and spritzing them with water to activate them too, it gives a slightly different and smoother effect to the spray inks, however I couldn't resist a few drops of spray ink!

3 comments:

Kaz said...

These look lovely all together xx

Words and Pictures said...

These are fabulous - love all the texture and dimension.
Alison x

Cocofolies said...

I love this trio Katherine!! Love your creativity without constraints on this, and all the colours, textures, and lovely different elements put here and there on each!! The whole is fab! :) Coco xx