Tuesday 23 October 2018

All Things Spooky - Face Your Spidery Fears!

Hello!
 
It is heading towards that spooky time of year so this week on the Tando Creative blog we are thinking about all things spooky!
 
Autumn is always a time when spiders and cobwebs are seen a lot more, but they are also one of the things I think of when I imagine spooky old places.  So for this weeks project I have decorated the Tando cobweb arch including some grey board spiders for extra fear...
 


I started by preparing all the arch layers with gesso then once I had decided on my layout used sand texture paste on the outer layer for a more aged look.  Using texture paste and the mini cobweb stencil I added extra detail onto the back panel of the arch.  All the pieces were then painted using fluid acrylics and I used a mixture of colours to create a rusty effect at the front.  To bring out extra texture I added gold gilding wax...


To make the spiders appear even more dimensional I dabbed sand texture paste onto them too then painted them black with gold gilding wax added over the top...


I wanted the web to stand out against the background so used a small paintbrush with gilding wax to make it gold.  To create even more texture and dimension I used black micro beads and some other larger beads, adhering them mostly amongst the cobweb.  A few details were added to the spiders using gold liquid pearls and then to finish I stamped a sentiment from Andy Skinners 'Unexplained' set and blended black soot distress ink over the top.

Here are the products I used:

* Tando Creative - Layered Arch with Cobweb
* Tando Creative - Grab Bag of Spiders
* Tando Creative Mini Stencil - Cobweb
* Andy Skinner Stamp Set - Unexplained
* Decoart Fluid Acrylics
* Decoart Mediums

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments: