Tuesday 18 July 2023

ATC Matchbox by Bernadette

        

                                                                ATC Matchbox    


Good Afternoon,  I had so much fun making this ATC matchbox and there are so many ways you can         decorate them.  I love a bit of vintage and grunge, but I decided to use some pretty papers I got a few            years ago with a magazine.  I love how it turned out.

https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/atc-matchbox-with-cards-and-coins.html



Once I had assembled both pieces of the box, I painted it all with some ivory coloured paint.  The box and sleeve are really easy to put together.


I then used a blending tool and some walnut stain distress ink to add a bit of vintage colour to all the edges of the box and sleeve.  

I wanted to leave a little bit of the box showing around the papers, so I used a ruler to measure each surface then cut the papers to size with a paper trimmer.

I added some of the distress ink around the edges of the papers before gluing them to each surface. 

I then glued some of the papers to 4 of the ATCs you get in the pack, inked around the edges and glued them to the 4 sides of the outer sleeve.  




While all the glue was drying, I took 4 of the ATCs that come in the pack and glued some of the papers to them. I trimmed around them with scissors then used an emery board to smooth the edges before blending the edges with the distress ink.  I then glued the ATCs to the 4 surfaces of the outer sleeve.





Using a heart from a grab bag https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/GRBBGHEARTS.html I added some paper inked the edges and glued it to the drawer which I decided to have at the top. 



I used left over papers to cover the ATCs which I will keep inside the drawer to add stamping, die cuts or other images to when I want to have a play.





I hope you enjoy decorating your ATCs and the matchbox to go with them.

Bye for now,

Bernadette xxx

No comments: