Tuesday 29 August 2023

NICKY'S MATCHBOX AND ATC

 MATCHBOX AND ATC'S BY NICKY ROUSSOU

Hello lovely people and welcome to my blog today. I'm going to share with you a fabulous product by Tando-Creative. I absolutely love these!! These Matchboxes great to work with, so many possibilities for designs. 


So for my project for Tando-Creative I have decided on this quite rustic rusty theme. I do like the dark rustic feel in my makes. 


I began with assembling my matchbox outer shell and then the inside box. Once assembled I gave the entire piece a coat of black gesso to give it a good seal to work on. 

I then used Stamperior Clear Crackle Paste with one on Tim Holtz stencils to create a rough rustic texture on the outsides of the box. I did the same for the draw fronts as that is the bit you will see once done. 

I do find that if you leave the crackle to dry naturally you will get a nicer crackle but I do sometimes give it a helping hand with a blast from a heat gun to speed things up a little.




Once ready to be painted, I picked 3 main colours to work with to achieve my rusty, aged look.

A yellow iron oxide, a brown and a teal. This time I decided to go with a Metallic Teal colour for a bit of shimmer. 

I start out with either the Team or Yellow generally first as the brown can cover if I think I've added too much of the lighter colours.

I randomly add sporadic coverage to the piece, no set patterns, just here and there over the crackle and around the box until I feel happy with it. 

Once I'm done with these two colours, I then start to fill in any gaps with the Brown I have chosen.

Then give the entire thing a good coat of ModgePodge to seal it. 

Once all dry I then used a mixture of Brown Oil Paint and some white spirts mixed to cover the piece to give a real aged look to it. Apply and then use a baby wipe to rub off the excess. leaving such a fabulous effect.

I then repeat this process for the ATC Cards and Circles to give a matching effect. On the back of some of the cards and tags i used some of Tando's substrates to add tot he texture and design. 






I then delicately edged some of the project with some gold gilding wax to bring out some beautiful highlights.

I finished this off by adding 2 butterflies I had in my stash. The colour of these was absolutely perfect to compliment the Matchbox's colour and feel. they suit it perfectly! 

PRODUCTS USED:

TANDO-CREATIVE LARGE MATCHBOX

TANDO-CRATIVE SUBSTRATES

STAMPERIOR CLEAR CRACKLE PASTE

TIM HOLTS STENCIL FROM MY STASH

DECOART YELLOW IRON OXIDE

DECOART BURNT SIENNA

COSMIC SHIMMER TEAL

COSMIC SHIMMER



No comments: