Monday 19 October 2015

Spokilicious by Dee

Hi everyone I hope you are well and getting ready for
Halloween. I have for you today a piece
that just evolved.
I started by painting a Tando media board with buff and a 
bit of burnt umber deco art media paint.
I then used black modelling paste through Andy's 
skulldugger mask. 
I had put crackle paste on to card and coloured it with raw umber and
dry brushed with gesso.
The compass was stamped onto a Titan buff painted tando circle
and sprinkles with gold embossing powder.
it was then painted with washes of 
Deco art paint.  
Any of you that know my work will know I am a high fan of 
Deco art's antiquing creams which were then used over 
the top of the skull. once it had dried.

The book plate again was painted with deco art paints. various stamps were used from my stash.
I hope you have enjoyed my Spokilicious piece and don't forget to join us.

PRODUCTS USED
  1. Tando products Mixed Media Boards 80mm x 116mmSkinner Stencil/Mask - SkullduggeryGrab bag of CirclesMini Book Plates
  2. Deco Art paints, antiquing creams, crackle and black modelling pastes. 
  3. Stamps from my stash.

3 comments:

Dawn Walsh said...

I love it all the textures its great. Like the colour pallet too. Im going to try my hand at some cards for Halloween this year if I get time,. So far I have made some bunting which I quite pleased with see my blog .http://dawnthecrafter.blogspot.co.uk/

Liz's creative corner said...

This is fabulous Dee, xx

Karen Petitt said...

That looks like such an old relic - very clever and inspiring crafting, thanks for sharing it with us! Karen x