Thursday 17 December 2015

Winter Holidays

Hi all, Liz here today with a project for our theme Winter Holidays,
I just couldn't resist this lovely Mini Christmas scenelit to alter,

It comes in layers which you glue together, so gives a fabulous 3D effect when finished,
I started with the back and worked to the front, the frame would be covered up so i just did the moon, which I stippled with some texture paste then when dry coloured with some of the Deco Art paynes grey, Titan buff and then finally with some Raw/umber antiquing cream wiping some off with a wet wipe,
The house roofs have Modeling paste through  a mini distressed sequin mask, then when dry I painted them with Deco Art white Gesso and lastly some glamour dust glitter, these sparkle lovely in real life, the bottom of the houses have been painted with Titan buff and Burnt umber,

The fur trees in the middle were painted with blue/green light acylics and Titan buff then I added some liquid applique over the top for a snow effect,

The wooden fence and Gate have been given some crackle paint then when dry painted with Burnt umber over the top, this looks like aged wood in real life, again i added liquid applique here and there for effect, the bells are painted with Silver fluid acylics,
For the Snow effect on the base I used some of the Modeling paste, making it thicker in some places using my knife to create ridges here and there too, again I added a hint of glitter, 
I then painted the tree on the frame with crackle paste and when dry painted it with white gesso, then when dry some  Raw umber antiquing cream swiped over with a wet wipe, the frame is also first colured with white Gesso then I added a little of the silver fluid acrylic onto the wet wipe and swiped this over the top, this just gives a hint of colour,

I finished off the display with some die cut leaves and flowers from The Ribbon Girl,

We have had a lot rain but no snow so at least this makes me feel like a Christmas morning,
This is my last post before Christmas, so I wish you all a lovely and Happy Holiday season,
Hugs Liz xx


No comments: