Wednesday 31 August 2016

Ministry of Mixology - Door #3


Hi! Dana Tatar here today sharing a door that I created for the Ministry of Mixology theme this week. I used parts from the Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Set for this piece.



I first treated the chipboard with a layer of DecoArt White Gesso. Next, I painted the chipboard with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics (Primary Yellow, Red, and Cyan), a layer of DecoArt Crackle Paste, and another layer of acrylic paint. I dirtied up the pieces with DecoArt English Red Oxide Antiquing Cream and Black Soot Distress Ink.


Once the pieces were glued in place, I covered the entire door with a coat of Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. To accent the keyhole, I added a decorative metal plate.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

No comments: