Tuesday 23 August 2016

No Return Mixed Media Board


Hi! Dana here today sharing the mixed media board I created for the Bird theme this week. I saw Black Sabbath on Sunday night and my ears are still ringing! The show was absolutely amazing. It was the first, as well as the last time, that I will see the band, as this is their goodbye tour. I was inspired to created this piece after the show.

I started with a Mixed Media Board. I added an uneven coat of DecoArt White Gesso with a spatula to create a textured base. I colored the board with Gelatos and Distress ink and added some stamping around the edge using the Nathalie Kalbach Bird 3-Piece Stamp and Stencil Set. Next, I added a row of rolled resin paper as a fun colorful base for the next layer of this project. I topped the paper rolls with a Mini Bird that I painted with DecoArt Carbon Black Fluid Acrylic Paint. I then added a trio of Mini Stars that I covered with a layer of Spoonful of Gold Dust. (The only thing more sparkly than these stars was Ozzy's shirt!) Lastly, I finished this piece with some Black Sabbath song lyrics.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

No comments: