Monday 1 August 2016

August 2016 Colour Theme

Hi, Carol with you today to kick off August's colour theme, which is:-


such vibrant colours this month aren't they?

So. in keeping with my 12 colour ATCs of 2016 here is my August atc:-


So, the base is an atc which was given a coat of gesso and then decoArt fluid acrylics added… I then used the same colours to stencil thro' mini stencils - brick and distressed sequins, doodling was then added along with some stamping in black acrylic using Stampendous stamp set - Nathalie Kalbach - marks - these were then doodled on using white pen.  A  butterfly was then given a coat of paint and then some Stampendous "spoonful of pixie dust"… some black paint around the edges and some chitchat words finished off this atc…

However,

Did you see Kate Crane on Hochanda lately using the fabulous Tando substrates and DecoArt paint? I caught all of the programs and was so inspired that along with the above atc I also made these two which my paints were out…


and


I really loved her idea of black butterflies, but, couldn't leave them like that - so added some white pen….

Here are the three together:-



TFL xx

No comments: