Tuesday 10 January 2017

'Tag It' week with Nikki

Good morning everyone, 

Here at Tando Creative HQ we are really excited to announce our new design team member Nikki Killinger:


Hi everyone, I'm very excited to be a part of this amazing team, and was honoured to be asked.  I love everything mixed media and painty, and have been crafting since an early age.  I can't wait to get stuck in and share lots of projects with you.  I especially love Tando products, they are well made, well thought out, and take a lot of mediums beautifully.  There is such a range too!  I don't think I have a particular style, as I am slightly eclectic in how my makes turn out, and I love anything from Shabby Chic to Steampunk, and even to the downright strange! 

We're so looking forward to seeing Nikki's stunning projects and do look out for her excellent shows on Hochanda TV.

Hi all, I'm very happy to be sharing my first project today. 

 I started by painting the background of my main tag with a sponge, in Americana chalk paints.  I added a layer of crackle paint around the tag, varying the coverage on each edge, and over a small tag.


There is a lot of paint on top of paint here, I first gave the crackle on the tags a 'wash' of prussian blue hue, and quinacridone gold.  Then various colours were 'dripped' down the length of the tag, including metallic peacock pearl, venetian gold, chocolate and raw umber.


I stencilled with chalk paint through Andy's Industrial Elements stencil, in lace chalk paint for the main tag and raw umber on the small.  A 'rusty' tando screw was added for detail to the small tag.  More gold was added to the edges of the tag, and then slightly diluted raw umber, and the circles stamped with a bottle lid.

The feather was treated in the same way, I painted a background onto card, stamped in raw umber, and coloured with the co-ordinating metallic colours.


My little tag was glued with 3d glue above the feather, and I thought the 'air mail' was appropriate.


I hope you like it, I'd love to know what you think. 

Best Wishes,
Nikki
xx

Products Used:

Tando - Set of 5 Long Tags, Industrial Elements (screw), mini tag from stash.
Andy Skinner Stencil: Industrial Elements.
Bottle lids & stamp from stash. 









25 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Welcome Nikki ♥ Fabulous creation for Tando. Loving all of the crackle & rust!

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations Nikki so well deserved and can't wait to see what you create.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Congrats Nikki...Beautiful creation, love all those crackled elements xx

Karen said...

Fabulous first post from you Nikki x

Unknown said...

Gratz on making it on a new DT - thoroughly well deserved. Tag is gawjuss

Dana Tatar said...

Welcome to the team! Your tag is awesome! I love the color palette and the crackle!

Tracy said...

Woohoo congratuuuuulations Nikki 😀 well deserved! Full of gorgeous texture love it xxx

Unknown said...

AWESOME news - WONDERFUL choice. You ALWAYS inspire Nikki. You will do this DT proud! HIP HIP HOORAY! Xj.

CarolynLakin said...

Congrats Nikki x the tag is fab, love the colours and texture x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

What a great start! huge
Congratulations and welcome to the team x

whyducks said...

Well done, Congratulations and what a great start. xx

rachel said...

Well done nikki and what an amazing tag. Love it xx

rachel said...

Well done nikki and what an amazing tag. Love it xx

Sue said...

Congratulations Nikki and what a gorgeous tag xx

Unknown said...

Love it! 💖

Lynne Vowles said...

Fabulous xx

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Congratulations Nikki, well deserved! Love the tag x

Julia S-W said...

Congratulations Nikki!! What a gorgeous crackly creation. Love it. x

Fi Potter Art said...

Oh wow Nikki that is simply fantastic! All that luscious texture and in my fave colours too. Congrats on your new DT lovely ...so well deserved! Xxx

Unknown said...

Congratulations youll be an amazing addition nikki .thanks for all youve done to help me .thats a brilliant 1st project hunny xx

Nikki K said...

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments and welcome. xxx

julie said...

Congratulations Nikki love the textures your an inspiration xxxx

Maxine Jones said...

Love it!! You are flying "air mail" as things are going so great!!! I'm so happy and exited for you!! Maxine xxxxxx

Craftychris said...

Congratulations! I love your fabulous crackled, textured tag! So cool! xxx

Redanne said...

Like it? I absolutely love it Nikki, it is a stunner with all those gorgeous crackles and lush colours. The little screw head is such a great touch too! Huge congratulations on joining the Tando team Nikki - a marriage made in heaven methinks! Hugs, Anne xx