Tuesday 15 August 2017

Anything Goes - Teacher's Pet Mixed Media Board

Teacher's Pet School Days Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! Dana here today sharing the Mixed Media Board I altered for the Anything Goes theme this week. My girls have just a couple more weeks of Summer before the school year begins and we are busy organizing supplies, shopping for new clothes and shoes, and preparing mentally for the upcoming year. I definitely have school on the brain and had a lot of fun creating this piece.

I started by applying a coat of chalkboard paint onto a mixed media board. Once that was dry, I spread a thin layer of spackle over the Letters Mask. Next, I cut a school girl from patterned paper and glued her to the board. I made a small embellishment with a Star Button that I painted bright yellow and then outlined with a black paint pen. I added a brass scissors charm and tied it to the button with a piece of red twine. I finished this board with a teacher's pet die-cut.

You can find the products I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

No comments: