Friday 20 October 2017

Anything Goes - Vintage Autumn

Hi, it's Brenda here today joining in with the 'Anything Goes' week with an autumn make using one of the long tags as the base and bits from other packs to embellish it. I used DecoArt products that sell in the shop too as they are my favorite 'go-to' paints and mediums, particularly the media line.


I have layered several elements and used different techniques on them, starting with the tag where I have dipped and dried watery washes of colours and stamped in paint.



The media board with the hole was painted with paint and white crackle paint then given a wash of cobalt turquoise.


I decided to use texture sand paste on the gasket and grunged it up to give it a more timeworn and aged look.


The leaves have been painted and dipped and dried....


.... and I used all the reds and orange to paint the brick grid.


I love the vintage style and added a photo booth picture to bring that look to the whole piece.


You'll see from the product list all the Tando elements I used and if you click on any of them you will be transported to the shop to see their details. Can you see the one I ended up not using?


Thanks for popping by and if you'd like to see the process steps in further detail and with more photos please join me at Bumblebees and Butterflies.

hugs Brenda xxx

Products
Mammoth Mechanical substrates kit

1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

Great to see Brenda in action here with this great tag - Tando and DecoArt is a match made in heaven!
Alison x