Saturday 14 October 2017

Same but different - by Nikki



Morning all,

It's my turn on our 'Same but different' week to share a Tando Shrine with you that I have made. 

We were all given the same piece this week, the Tando Shrine.

Shrine 1

As it's October, and I do love Halloween, mine seemed to call for a little spookiness.

I first painted the shrine in white gesso, and then white crackle paint.  I picked some of the crackle back off on the outside to make it look older.  I painted several washes of colour over the shrine, starting with quinacridone gold, then prussian blue hue, quinacridone burnt orange, diaoxazine purple, then dry brushed with silver.  There may even be another colour or two I missed in there! 


The inside walls of the shrine had a similar treatment, but I stencilled clocks on the rear wall, and went darker with paynes grey and silver inside.


The bracken on the floor is actually seaweed I collected on holiday, and the pumpkin was a little pop up toy from the supermarket.  He had a wash with quinacridone gold too!


The sticker 'established 1876' and witches are from the Tim Holtz range, I thought it made it look like an old building, and the witches are fun.  See where the paint is peeled on the building?



I love these shrines, you can have so much fun and the variations from our team show how versatile they are!


I had fun doing this, hope you are inspired to have a go at the shrine yourself after seeing so many different versions this week.

Happy Crafting,

Nikki
xx




1 comment:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Nikki, loving the colours and that crackle. Lovely little house. Tracy x