Friday 25 May 2018

Same but different week - Hanging on the Line by Hannah Oxberry

Hi all, Hannah here with a project for "Same but different week". I love when we, as designers, get the same kit to work with - because every single project will be different!

For my particular design I knew as soon as I opened the parcel how my design would be laid out. I have been coveting the tags created by fellow team member Fiona Randall for a while, the dial against the rectangular media board gave me the perfect opportunity to create something with her design as inspiration.




I added a couple of my own Tando elements just to give the design a little more height. The dial and sentiment have been painted in a rust effect and mounted on a greyboard off cut which has been embossed with a metal effect.

I have also included an acrylic layer on the dial which has been treated with a crackle glaze to add another textured dimension.



The background has been layered with different colours, crackled and aged using a variety of washes. A splater of white across the surface lifts and highlights the layers. The edge of the media board has been sponged with Paynes Grey.


To the center of the dial I have added a small textured heart which I have added embossing powder to.

I hope you have enjoyed this project, thank you again to Fiona for her inspiration! 




1 comment:

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous, love it xxx