Wednesday 9 May 2018

Embossing Folders - mini book

Hi there!  I have gone all pretty pretty for my embossing folder project.  I have decorated the tall mini book from the *mini books mega pack*.  This is a great little pack as you get 10 mini books in 2 types and 3 sizes!!!!!  Here is my offering... its only 12x6cm...

 
Firstly I covered the blanks with tinting base then ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder.  You need a bit of muscle but it will go through! For some reason (I have no idea)  I didn't emboss the whole of one side but that will be covered anyway!


I painted the covers and the spine in Titanium White.  Then I made a wash with some purple and just dipped the pieces in. I love the way it settle randomly.


All the pages were cut from 100gm copier paper and attached to the spine by winding the thread around as shown.


To attach all the pieces together I cut some firm card 12x6cm, roughened the edges and marked the centre.  This enabled me to line up the spine.


Once the covers were glued down I scored down the card close to the spine.


To finish off I added some lace over the binding to make it stronger.  Then I added some beads and buttons and a quote.



Thank you for stopping by today, take care out there, hugs, Karen xxx





No comments: