Thursday 19 September 2019

Danger Dial Tag by Hannah Oxberry

This week is "Anything Goes" week at Tando Towers - so I thought I would have a little play with some of the Steampunk Parts.


I wanted to try and create a tag that looked like it could have been part of a operation panel for some sort of highly sensitive equipment. 

I created a layered effect with paint using the colour combination of yellow, grey and black typically seen on warning signs. The tag base I gave a weathered effect using washes, crackles and some splatters too.


The dial I layered up and gave it the rusty treatment, being sure to paint in red the top section of the dial to give the impression the needle is ticking over in to a critical zone.

Industrial style stamps add to the overall theme while red and green buttons have been created using a glossy finish.

I hope you have enjoyed this project!


List of products used;





No comments: