Friday 14 February 2020

Texture Week - by Nikki K

Morning all,

It's Texture week this week, and my turn to make a project today.  I hope you've enjoyed the rest of the team's posts this week, and if you haven't seen them, please check them out on the blog, we really appreciate your visit. x

I started by taking one of the fab layered Tags by Fiona for Tando, and putting a thin coat of Texture Sand paste on the bottom layer.  I wanted this to create texture later.

I glued the tags together, and painted the whole tag in black.  Then colours were sponged on to give a galaxy effect, I used Cobalt Blue, Magenta, Cobalt Teal, Dioxazine Purple and White.  For both of these processes I used a sponge to give the paint effect more texture.


The whole tag was then splattered, with white, to give the appearance of stars.

For the aperture's, I mixed Triple Thick Glaze, with a little transparent yellow iron oxide, and put a thin layer in each aperture, so that the texture still showed as lumpy through it.  I didn't want a flat glazed look.


The little bits of black in the moon and stars are from the sponge painting, I like that they show through and give depth.


I love the glazed effect, and you can add any colour paint in a tiny amount to Triple Thick Glaze for it to take on a whole different look.

Hope you enjoyed this today.

Best Wishes,

Nikki

Products Used:
Tando Creative
Layered Tags Bundle 2

DecoArt Paints:
Media Line: Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Cobalt Blue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Titanium White, Dioxazine Purple, Primary Magenta.
Texture Sand Paste
Triple Thick Glaze

Other products:
Andy Skinner's Quick Grab Glue











No comments: