Wednesday 7 July 2010

Large Flourish 8 Wall Hanging

Hi it's Kaz today and I've been playing with one of the ~{Large Flourish 8}~ chipboard. I found that it fits perfectly around one of those 99p Ikea mirrors that many of us crafters have got waiting for a bit of attention.



I've also used one of the small dragonflies and 3 of the insides of Karen's multi-loop frames.

I have painted the flourish with acrylic paint, then sprayed lightly with glimmer mist for a bit of bling, and then covered with glossy accents.
The 3 inch pieces have 3D paste on them and are coloured with acrylic paint and distress inks.
The dragonfly is coloured with acrylic paint and the wings have been embosses with a slight sparkle.

I have stuck all of the chipboard onto the frame using silicone glue - I prefer to use this as you get a bit of 'play' with the chipboard to get it into the right place before it sets and I find it a stronger adhesive than other glues. If there is any glue that seeps out of the sides, leave it to dry completely and then you can pick and pull the residue easily. Likewise, if you decide you'd like to change position or embellishments, you can do so carefully and then rub the silicone residue off.

If you would like more details on the frame itself, click here to go to my blog.

Kaz xxx

6 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thanks for stopping, that is so pretty! I like using the silicone glue also! I have heard of the glimmer mist, but have not tried it yet! It is beautiful.

CArol

Karen said...

WOW Kaz...love the zingy colours and that flourish is lovely isn't it...I have just finished with one of those too! Lovely work honey XXX

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous frame must have been inspired by the heat wave.

Angelnorth said...

Gorgeous frame Kaz, love the hot colours and the subtle swirls on the frame itself to go with the twirly chippie piece - looks great!

Di said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous frame Kaz, I love it xx

Carol Plume said...

wow thats gorgeous! love the finish on the swirls xx