Sunday 3 October 2010

Cogs for baubles?


Cogs are really big at the moment with the Steampunk trend, so I thought I'd transform them into baubles for your tree. They come in packs of 2 in either large or small so I've used a selection of them.


I've painted a small and a large one with purple acrylic and then once dry, I've rubbed a little Inka Gold onto them. They have been decorated with gems and glitter glue.

Another one was covered in paper and a smaller one painted, then they were both glittered and stuck together.

The final one was painted with acrylic paint then doodled and a smaller one covered with paper was then stuck on. A silver snowflake charm finished it off.

Finally I've attached ribbon to them either through the gaps or after punching a hole with a crop-o-dile.

Kaz xx

5 comments:

Di said...

These are such a fantastic idea Kaz, definately steampunk...brilliant xx

cheryl said...

oh these are brilliant great idea i have just bought some of these hugs cheryl xxxxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Very pretty. :) Great idea.zz

Karen said...

I would never have thought to use these for Christmas decorations, you are brilliant Kaz! They are so so pretty, brilliant work my lovely XXX

Sam & Poppy said...

Brilliant!