Friday 15 November 2013

The Magic of Childhood

Hello !! It's my turn to illustrate the Paints theme, and I'm really happy with it since I'm quite in the mood of painting those last times, maybe you've noticed it...  I chose to add different layers of paints to a layout, using several techniques. I did a kinda snowy scrapbook page with my two twin girls playing to little games during our last Christmas holidays. A good way to show how we can introduce paints effects over scrapbook layouts too, giving a beautiful texture to it ! 
For purpose, I created a lot of painted embellishments: my layered flowers are made from scraps of patterned papers roughly covered with various acrylic paints (I used PA Fresco Finish paints either opaque or translucent, but you can use any type of paint); I also applied two coats of paint (using sometimes two close shades of colour) on following Tando's chipboards: three mini's balloons, one small flourish 7, and one Karen's Arch with 4 hearts from the pack of four. LOVE all Karen's arches...they are really versatile, and so lovely !!! I transformed mine into a red door opening onto the city of  "Dream"...  You probably don't understand the words stamped in French inside the door and all over my page, so here is the translation in English: 'Dream', 'Childhood', 'Memories', 'Magic', 'Smiles'...and 'Together' of course Lol ! 


Some of my background papers are patterned ones (from a French collection of the brand so-called Papiers de Pandore) and some others are just pieces of Bazzil I painted in cream or red then gessoed a bit to smooth the colours, and after dry, stamped using some leftovers of paint and French text stamps - often masked to select the appropriate words only -. I also spritzed white paint (PA snowflake diluted with water) directly on my background here and there, and added some thicker drops as a final touch in the bottom left side to enforce the impression of snow falling outside on the city in the distance... Well.. many details on it at several places, hope you don't find it a bit too confused and like it a little ! :)

Here are close-ups on my painted embellishments:



I used:
Tando Mini's - Balloons

Flourish 7 Small

Karen's Frames - Arch with 4 hearts

I wish you a very creative week-end !! See you soon. Hugs, Coco xx

2 comments:

Kaz said...

This is so much fun Coco. Loving the photo used xxx

roc said...

This is great!