Tuesday 8 April 2014

Two cards in 'Black and Blue'

Hi everyone! I'm just back from Version Scrap, the most important Scrapbooking Fair in France which is held every year early April in Paris, and I must say that I have still my head in the clouds!!!...
For this Black and Blue week I share with you two double-cards on which I used the Poppy mask (which is an essential one if you love the nature I think) and also two flowers taken from my Flowers with stems grab bag. These flowers are just fabulous, really!!.... Here is the first card:





The backgrounds of my two cards are made in the same way: I used white silk cards by Crafty individuals and sprayed on them some Dylusions blue and black inks (Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue, Calypso Teal and Black Marble), added with water and coarse salt. After dry, I removed the salt and applied some Distress Black soot ink inside the Poppy mask with a piece of cut'n dry - also put a bit on the edges of the card -. I finally used my two stenciled backgrounds to create two variants of cards.

On the first one, I stamped some lovely butterflies, birds and flowers from a set of stamps by Crafty Individuals, and added a few embellishments like the floral branch die-cut and sentiment tag (both also by CI). Then I chose two different flowers in the pack that look fabulous even without any coloring, and painted them using a selection of Fresco Chalk Paints and a fine brush and water. When I was happy with the colours, I covered them with Clear 'Sparkle Medium' to make them shine.
Here's the second card, a bit funny... :)


On this card, to make a change, I outlined the edges of the stenciled poppies using a fine black pen. The final look is a bit different, but beautiful too... I also added a few splashes of white paint diluted with a bit of water on the background, and played with black UTEE, applied here and there and heated (I made a few dots underneath before with a Versamark pen). My proud hen is a VLVS stamp, I coloured it with watercolour markers and covered with Glossy Accents and a bit of glitter. The sentiment tag comes from the same plate by Crafty Individuals as previous, it's a new plate called CI-407.   


I used the following Tando products:
Poppy Mask
Flowers with stems grab bag
Thanks for stopping by, you can have more details on these cards by hopping over at my blog if desired. Have a wonderful week, don't forget to come back tomorrow to see other gorgeous samples by my dear team-mates, so talented! Hugs, Coco xxx

2 comments:

Kaz said...

Fab cards Coco xx

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous cards Coco! I love the lace!