Saturday 14 April 2018

Texture Paste Week - Rusty Heart Tag by Hannah


Hi all, Hannah here with a texture paste tag! 

What I love most about the crafting world is just how much it's members love to share. I have been taking part in a swap hosted by Let's Be Creative, we were allocated at random partners who we had to create a piece of art for. I felt this make would be ideal! 


I have built my design on one of the Tando Long Tags, these make a great base for projects as there is enough space to play about with different layouts. 
The texture paste really comes in to its own if you want to create a 3D rust effect. Use a palette knife to roughly spread a generous amount of texture paste onto your embellishments and set to one side to dry. Build your rusty washes over the embellishments (once the paste is dry!) to give a true rust finish, complete with a rusty texture!



For the embellishments I added a heat embossed layer to give further dimension and even more rusty appeal! The heart is then wrapped in rusty wire to continue the theme.



I have mounted a sentiment from Andy Skinners Illusionary Artists Word Up & Numbers stamp set in the book plate from his Industrial Elements collection. As with everything on this tag, this too has been given a rusty and weathered look.

I hope you have enjoyed this project - happy crafting!
Hannah x x x

List of products used;





No comments: