Sunday 23 June 2019

Wandering Heart Tag - Anything Goes by Jane

Hello!

This week the theme on the Tando Creative blog is 'Anything Goes' so I couldn't resist decorating another of the tags for my technique binder, although I am using mine for journaling tags.  I also wanted to use some of the fabulous steampunk parts that Di recently brought to HOCHANDA and mixed it up with some other bits and bobs from my Tando crafty stash...

 
 
To start I got out lots of my greyboard pieces and decided which I would like to use.  I quickly chose the cog piece with the smaller cogs inside to be the main focal element before choosing some extra cogs from the minis and some wings and a heart. 
 
These pieces were primed with white gesso then I used pigment powders, acrylic paint and embossing powder to colour them until I was happy.  As I wanted the heart to stand out I used red paint then coated it with glossy accents, putting in a small gem whilst the glaze was still wet...


 
As the main elements were quite 'busy' I wanted the background of the tag to be reasonably plain, so I painted the tag with black gesso then used parts of the XL script stamp by Bee Crafty with some detail gold embossing powder...
 
 
When the tag had been put together I felt like it had a celestial look to it, so chose a sentiment from the Tim Holtz small talk stickers that went with the theme and added some white pen to the words and some little stars to the background,  I also added a few clear gems just to finish it off.
 
Here are the products I used:
 
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx
 



2 comments:

Craftychris said...

Ooh fabulous! xxx

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Just...Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!