Thursday 23 April 2020

Aperture week - Mini Frames Fairy House

Hi there!
Celia here with an journaling idea for using the cute Tando Minis Frames, as part of this weeks Apertures theme. I got this idea from Tracy Scot, who likes cutting into her journal pages so you get peep holes to the next page. I placed the frames onto my journal page and positioned them how I wanted, then drew a rough fairy house shape round them (using inspiration from google!)
I drew round each frame and, with a cutting mat under the page, cut just inside the lines with a craft knife. Then I covered the frames with embossing powder. 
With a piece of paper under the page to protect the next page, I roughly painted a sky and the house, stippling in other colours on top for depth.
I then stamped on some brickwork with the Chocolate Baroque fragments  stamps and blue and purple Archival. Then I scribbled an edge round the house and added a roof and some flowers. I also chose some heart and star minis to go on top of the towers. I then stuck on all my embossed frames.
I thought it needed a bit more work, so I did some journaly stencilling and stamping. The ferns are the Tando 4x4 leaves  stencil.

For the photo, I have just put a piece of Graphic45 paper behind the windows. I intend to do another journal page so that it peeps through the windows.

I hope you feel inspired to do a bit of journaling. The Tando thins and minis are ideal for this as they are so thin.

Thanks for stopping by,

Celia x

No comments: